About SusChem Switzerland
SusChem Switzerland is the Swiss entity of the SusChem European Technology Platform for Sustainable Chemistry. With the goal to provide greater visibility about ongoing actions on G&SC within Switzerland, SusChem CH will act as platform to coordinate activities and to provide a platform for experts and interested stakeholders to meet and exchange ideas and latest findings.
The focus topics of SusChem CH are:
- Education: Further Educate on G&SC at various levels (i.e. Students, academia, industrials, if possible, non-scientists as well). Promote communication on sustainable processing, provide sound and fair comparisons between the benefits of chemical and the benefits of naturals. Provide visibility and under-standing to sustainably indexes.
- Collaboration between Industry and Academia: Innovate in the field of G&SC by bringing to life novel and pre-competitive scientific collaboration models between academia and industry. To the former to drive the science, to the latter to implement it.
- Cross-Sectorial Collaborations in Industry: Identify common area of interest(s) by taking advantage of Switzerland's unique portfolio of high-tech chemical compa-nies to build cross-sectorial collaborations (ex: on solvents, catalysis, use of renewable feedstock, etc...).
- Act as Catalysts for New Technologies: Act as influencing group to match the interests of academia and industry (ex: catalysis recyclability, renewable feedstocks etc…).
- Prof. Greet Van Eetvelde, INEOS, Co-Chair
- Dr. Edouard Godineau, Syngenta, Co-Chair
- Prof. Christophe Copéret, ETH Zürich
- Prof. Paul Dyson, EPFL Lausanne
- Fabrice Gallou, Novartis
- Dr. Niklaus Künzle, Lonza
- Dr. Eric Plan, CimArk
- Dr. Maud Reiter, Firmenich
- David Spichiger, Swiss Chemical Society
c/o Swiss Chemical Society
Haus der Akademien
T: +41 31 306 92 92